Infrastructure Club Code of Conduct
A code of conduct applies wherever we gather. This is true both in person and online.
- We want to be inclusive; do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise exclusionary behavior. Don’t make exclusionary jokes. Don’t even make them "ironically".
- Don’t harass people. Unconsented physical contact or sexual attention is harrassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- Aggression and elitism are unwelcome here — infrastructure knowledge is not a competition.
- Although we occasionally may meet in a pub, there is no expectation or pressure to drink alcohol. Don’t question anyone’s choice of drink.
- We’d rather you ask about gender than assume, and if you get it wrong, apologise, and use what they prefer.
- Discussion of how to make infrastructure club more inclusive is welcome. Claims that this "has gone too far" aren’t.
If you have any concerns about someone's behaviour please let us know either in person, or by emailing Dan or Jonty.